Monday, February 2, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS...SUPER BOWL 43 CHAMPIONS!

Having worked, gone to school, and lived in Pittsburgh, my excitement overwhelms me today to the Super Bowl 43 Champions...THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS. Although my timetable put me to bed before the beginning of the second half, my curiosity took to the computer at about midnight to see the results. WOW! WHAT A COMEBACK FROM A TEAM WHO KNEW HOW TO STICK TOGETHER TO MAKE A NEW ACHIEVEMENT POSSIBLE....SIX SUPER BOWLS WINS...THE MOST IN NFL HISTORY....YEAH! PITTSBURGH!

Yes, Pittsburgh has always been my first love since my first teaching assignment was in Pittsburgh, my Master's degree was earned in Pittsburgh, and the beginning of my married life started 43 years ago in Pittsburgh. In addition, my business experiences started in the Pittsburgh area as well. Going to a Steel Mill in 1956 was a tremendous experience for a Business and Industry Day for Educators. Watching Steel Town lose Steel Mills was an unfortunate experience, but the people knew how to come back. What an ethnic variety in that Western Pennsylvanian atmosphere!. Many languages, many customs, and many good friendships were witnessed and experienced. My heart still lives in Pittsburgh even though my upbringing was at the opposite end of the State of Pennsylvania...South Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SUPER BOWL 43 CHAMPIONS...THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING TEAMWORK IN OFFENSE, DEFENSE, AND SPECIAL TEAMS. YOU DESERVE TO BE OUR 2009 REIGNING NFL CHAMPIONS. MAY YOU ALWAYS BE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF THE YOUNG PERSONS WHO ARE GROWING UP IN THE PITTSBURGH AREA AND WORLDWIDE. YOU ARE THE CHAMPIONS! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU...NOW AND ALWAYS AND IN ALL WAYS...

No comments: