Saturday, September 24, 2011

OUR LADY OF MERCY, PRAY FOR US!

During my grade school days, September 24th was always a blessing in disguise. My instructors were members of the Sisters of Mercy Congregation; and these dedicated nuns were an inspiration to me during my eight years of grade school. On the 24th of September of each year, the Sisters of Mercy celebrated their special Feast Day on that day. Yes, for eight years my birthdays were celebrated as free days, thanks to the Feast Day of the Sisters of Mercy. Walking to and from grade school every day was a special opportunity to enjoy the metropolitan City of Philadelphia. Our home was located in the ghetto of South Philadelphia; but we were proud of our heritage as Americans in the City that was the birthplace of our Nation. As an Achievement Ladder Enthusiast, my privilege was to have a total holistic education from dedicated educators who assisted the learner in gaining the basics for life. Thank you, Sisters of Mercy, for giving me the tools that have enhanced my total life during these past 76 years. For those dedicated Sisters who have gone to their eternal reward, may your souls and all of the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Also, on this special birthday, my thoughts go to the parents who gave me an opportunity to gain the tools to meet the challenges of life. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the gifts of life and love...IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE! In addition, thank you, Paul and Kathleen, for your continued support of my endeavors over the years. May you continue to enjoy life eternal with God forever! And to my only living brother, Rich, thank you for being a loving brother to me for all of those years of adventure. May you continue, Rich, to be happy in this life and to gain the eternal happiness that you richly deserve for all that you gave to others and to me. For those who take human life lightly by their limited understanding of the value of human life, may you some day believe in the dignity and the respect that is due to each human being with potential, unborn and born. Choose Life!

No comments: