Friday, April 13, 2012

ACHIEVEMENT LADDER ENTHUSIASTS HONOR AND SALUTE THE IDES OF APRIL 2012

For the past 21 months, my fortune was to resurrect a craft skill that was learned during my teen years. Making key chains and lanyards for profit and non-profit groups has given me an opportunity to reduce the arthritis in my hands. Also, during a three-month stretch last year at this time, my weight was reduced by 15 pounds making possible a reduction of some of my medications. Since that time my weight has been maintained by my focus on making new key chains and lanyards for various group reunions, for elementary school projects, for medical personnel, for a local coffee shop, and for a college bookstore. All of these completed key chains and lanyards have been given away gratis. In some instances, others have asked me to teach them how to complete the crafts. Losing the weight meant avoid eating anything after 8:00 pm and keeping my hands busy with the making of school color key chains and lanyards as well as holiday colors that were appropriate for the area. A reunion group has requested a donation of key chains for their upcoming 50-year reunion in the fall. Also, my plans are to make key chains for a special reunion that meets every three years in the Midwest. The joy of giving something "free" is my priceless reward for completing each new key chain and lanyard knowing that my work is appreciated as any Achievement Ladder Enthusiast.

The Achievement Ladder Enthusiasts honor and salute the many persons throughout the world who give of their time, their talents, and their treasures to bring hope to the hopeless, the neglected, the unwanted, the lost, the refugees, the war-torn victims, the handicapped, the dying, the unborn, and the many other forgotten friends, relatives, and human beings who desire and deserve respect. Congratulations to the Ides of April 2012 recipients of the preceding mentioned who make a difference in a world that has grown weary of giving love without expecting anything in return. Choose Love and Freedom for All!

No comments: