Friday, June 13, 2008

Well Done...Good and Faithful Servant...6/13/2008

When my son gave me a special Fathers' Day gift about three years ago, my inclination was to eventually read that book a year later. The book has special significance for me today since the book was written by Tim Russert, "Big Russ & Me." On hearing the news of the death of Tim Russert late this afternoon, my heart was deeply saddened for a person that meant integrity, honesty, cheerfulness, sincerity, and a deep commitment to his faith. Most importantly, Tim Russert's desire, dedication, discipline, and determination to his family and to the many persons that he touched every day of his life will be missed by his friends and colleagues. Meet the Press was his passion and Tim always showed his expertise on each Sunday morning. Yes, we will all miss the presence of Tim Russert in our living rooms with his sharp wit and talent for seeking out the truth in a political environment that plays games with the truth.

Today, my son and his two children along with my wife spent a wonderful morning together at a local attraction called, "Wild Thing." After the tour we had lunch together in the company of family. My oldest son gave me a gift of mowing and pruning the lawn at our home. What a gift from a wonderful son! Tim Russert shared his story about his Dad in his book, "Big Russ and Me." In reading this book about a year ago, my thoughts drifted to my relationship with my wonderful Dad who always took the time to share his time with his children.
As my Dad now enjoys a Lifetime Achievement Award in Eternity, so will Tim Russert enjoy a Lifetime Achievement Award with his heavenly reward.

With a great deal of honor and privilege, my special Lifetime Ladder of Achievement Award goes to Tim Russert, the moderator of Meet the Press. Truly a Dad, a Gentleman, a man of faith, a man of conviction, a Just Man, and many more praises of manly honor are a few ways of remembering a Giant in the area of Journalism and Political Entities. May Tim Russert always REST IN PEACE and enjoy his eternal home. Yes, we can all hear the words addressed to him: "Welcome to the Kingdom, my devoted and faithful servant...WELL DONE!"
Happy Fathers/Dads Day, Tim Russert, now that you are with your Heavenly Father for all eternity. Let us all pray for his family and his Dad this Sunday.

No comments: