Saturday, October 20, 2007

Positive Learning from Loving and Caring Parents

Today is the 73rd Wedding Anniversary of my Mother and Dad. Although my Mother and my Dad are both deceased, their loving memory and their positive influence on my life have made a tremendous impact. Although the economic times did not allow my Mother and Dad to take advantage of higher education, their positive encouragement on their children was well appreciated. Since I was the oldest of four children, I was given an opportunity to further my education beyond high school. Growing up in a very populated metropolitan area, my daily walks to grade school and to high school were memorable and rewarding. Public transportation was available during inclement weather. Since my Mother and Dad never owned a home or an automobile or any credit cards or any fancy luxuries, there was always a loving atmosphere in the home that was conducive to effective, positive learning. My parents believed in positive achievement through desire, dedication, discipline, and determination. My Ladder of Achievement took me from zero percent (I don't want to do this) to 100 percent...I DID IT!. Yes, their positive encouragement made possible my last 50 years of positive, professional experiences in education and in business, both for profit and for non-profit.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the gifts of life and love...IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!
HAPPY 73rd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY from your loving son....now and always!..

No comments: